Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 1

For the challenge, I am starting out with the binding on three quilts. I sent the quilts out last summer to be quilted by the professional quilter I used. I got them back quite a while ago but haven't gotten around to bind them. I had already cut the strips so I just had to sew them together and then iron them in half. I also made a quilt lable for each quilt.

The first quilt I call "In the Doghouse." My mom and I went on a quilt trip through my LQS a few years ago. We stopped at several shops along the way finishing with a class at the Buggy Barn Quilt shop to make this quilt.

Here I am sewing the binding:

The second quilt I am working on is one I started for my son before he was born. We decided to do a transportation theme for the room and this pattern and kit came out about the same time. I finished the applique when I was supposed to be on bed rest (sewing helped with the blood pressure) and finished sewing the backing after I came home from the hospital. Here is a link to the kit (I will post my own pictures soon).

The third quilt was a class I took through the LQS. I picked up the batiks at a two different quilt shows that I went too. Here is a picture of the top laid out:

No comments:

Post a Comment