Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Days 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8

It has been awhile since I have checked in but I have mostly been working on the same projects. Last summer, I found a cool pattern that looked like little shopping bags where you could actually tuck things into the pockets. The example I saw was made up of Halloween fabrics and I just had to make. I purchased fabrics during the annual quilt week and whipped up the top. I hadn't finished the borders so I decided to work on those. Here is how it turned out. Can't you picture Halloween Candy tucked inside the bags? Once I am done quilting it, I will tack the shopping bag handles in place and add some buttons.


I also designed and cut out a quilt for the next swap over in the Itty Bitty Quilts Group on Ravelry but that is a surprise for another day.

Finally, I started hand-sewing down the binding on Adam's tractor and truck quilt while we watch re-runs of Bones. I am about 1/3 done and hope to be done by the end of the week.

I will admit that I missed day 7. We had swimming lessons and it completely slipped my mind. Luckily, I did some overtime this weekend so I don't feel too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment