Thursday, June 24, 2010

Days 11-14




Days 11 & 12 were spent had sewing the binding on this quilt:






The nice thing about working on binding is that it is easy to just sit in front of the tv and stitch. It also makes for a fairly portable project so I was able to bring it to the in-laws to work on there.

I missed a couple days over the weekend with Sunday being Father's Day and Monday just being a crazy day so I re-set my numbering scheme and designated Day 13 to be June 22.

On day 13, I added the borders to the quilt that I am making for the itty bitty swap coming up soon. The theme is Teddy Bear Picnic and I think my picnic blanket is a perfect start to the theme I have in mind. I will share pictures once the swap is underway. I also continued on the binding and have about 1/3 of the quilt left to go.

Day 14 was spent piecing the backing for my Halloween quilt
that I talked about in a previous post. I am using up leftover fabric so there is a bit more work than just sewing a couple of pieces of fabric together. I also went through some of my WIP's to see which quilt tops are ready to quilt. Right now, I have 4 ready to go. I am hoping to break out the quilting equipment this weekend and maybe get a start on one or two.

Finally, I dug up some old quilt blocks that I had made a couple summers ago and sewed the rows together. This is just a little table topper so it went pretty fast. It is made of some very summery fabrics by Sandy Gervais, one of my favorite designers. You will probably be seeing one or two more of her fabric lines in my WIP's this month.

A few years ago, I decided to write down all of my projects that were in work. I built an excel spreadsheet and added anything that was started or had fabric and a pattern. I also added columns for the basic steps I take when making a quilt - finding pattern, cutting out pieces, sewing the blocks, etc. For each of the projects, I put a check in the column when I finish a stop so that I can get a good sense of what needs to be done. Last night, I counted 32 projects on my list. This includes around 3 or 4 projects that have all of the fabric but still need a pattern. Hopefully after this challenge, I will have few items on that list at the end of the month. At the very least, I will have a few more checkmarks.


Here is a picture of part of my list:




No comments:

Post a Comment